Thank you for checking out my healthy kebab recipe and I hope you really enjoy it. Once again, thank you to Musclefood for sponsoring this video. I have been using them for a few years so still buzzing with the fact they have sent me a lovely care package to cook up some tasty food with. Make sure you head to this link and check out their very tasty mince based products -
1kg of lean beef mince (or 500g lean and 500g normal mixed for extras flavour) 1 onion, grated
0.5 tbsp sea salt
1.5 tbsp turmeric
0.5 tsp black pepper
3 tbsp. saffron water (0.4g saffron mixed in boiled water)
1 large egg
1) Grate the onion and using a tea towel, or your hand, squeeze all of the juice out of it and discard.
2) To the onion, add all of the ingredients except the beef and mix until well combined.
3) Add the mixture to the beef and mix well.
4) Portion the mixture off into flat patties.
5) In a medium heat pan, put in a little low cal spray or oil and fry them until cooked through, turning every few minutes. If you have used a mix of meats with higher fat you do not need to add any extra cooking oil!
The mixture makes around 10 so if you're not going to cook them all up now, cover and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
70g dry basmati rice per person
1) Rinse rice repeatedly using fresh water until water runs clear
2) Add to boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes
3) Keep 1/4 of the rice in the pan and add a little saffron water to colour and lightly flavour the rice.
4) Serve both rices together